- Life cycle service (overhaul, repair and rewinding)
- Design and technology, upgrade studies
- Testing (including factory acceptance testing), certification of motors
- Inspection and diagnosis on site, commissioning
- Standard spare parts
- Project-specific spare parts
- Capital spare parts: stators, rotors, coils, collectors etc.
- Spare parts according to the latest certification requirements
- Replica machines: manufacture of identical drop-in replacement machines with the lowest risk and shortest downtimes.
- Replacement machines: replacement of third-party products; adapted to the existing interfaces
- Machines adapted to the customers’ requirements
- New designed motors and generators (electrical and mechanical new design).
- High-speed motors for LNG applications (up to 6400 rpm and 30 MW)
- New designed motors with low starting current (double cage rotors)
- Supply of high-quality standard motors
- Complete service for third-party motors
- Adaptation of motors (third-party suppliers) (including: reverse engineering of the main components)
- System testing of motors and controls (combined stress tests)
- Brushless three-phase exciters with rotating diode bridge for the excitation of synchronous generators (replacement of the existing direct current excitation)
- Manufacturing of brushless exciters for turbo generators (3000 and 3600 rpm)
Customised electric motor solutions
Typ and application
|3-phasen AC Motor||Induction squirrel cage rotor|
|Pumps, compressors, fans, mixers, extruders, granulators, conveyor belts, mills, mine lifts, crushers, drives etc. for all industries|
|3-phasen AC Generator||Generators and AC excitation motors||Energy and renewable energy|
|DC Motors||DC exciters|
|Energy, metals, cement, minerals & mining|
|AC commutator motors||1-phase and 3-phase||Trains, electric drive systems|
|Special motors||Induction motors and synchronous motors||High-performance, high-speed|
- Birr Machines provides customised electrical motor solutions.
- This includes replicas, individual upgrades in various industries (chemical industry, oil & gas, water, energy, metals, cement, minerals & mining) world-wide.
- Competence in engineering and commissioning.